Brainstorm ideas. Organize thoughts. Cite evidence.
Write with a purpose. Say what you mean.
The Writing Center
Did you know that...?
- Students work with us on papers, lab reports, case studies, personal statements, internship applications, and much more…
- More than 50% of our appointments are with graduate students.
- We are open 7 days a week.
The mission of the Writing Center at Simmons College is to foster academic excellence by providing resources and support that meet the needs of graduate and undergraduate students. The Writing Center offers one-on-one tutoring, workshops and presentations designed to strengthen students' academic reading, writing, critical thinking, and research skills. The Center works with faculty across schools and programs to address students' academic and discipline-specific writing needs.
Goals: to strengthen students' academic reading, writing, critical thinking, and research skills
Learning Outcomes: Students will be able to...
- prioritize which aspects of their work they want to improve
- use strategies and resources to develop skills
- apply with confidence what they have learned
- plan next steps
The Writing Center is located in Beatley Library.
For online tutoring click on the Burns Peer Tutoring Center link.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Terry Müller, Director
Chris Cormier Hayes, Coordinator