Applications are typically due October 15 for spring and summer programs and March 15 for fall programs. Fill out one application to apply for all of the following scholarships:
- Bowker Grant Scholarship
Thanks to the generosity of Sheldon and Audrey Katz and The Sheldon and Audrey Katz Foundation, the Bowker Scholarship was established at Simmons in honor of Audrey's mother, Eleanor Wade Bowker Hittinger '22 and aunt, Edith Bowker Howe '30. These grants are available to undergraduate Simmons students to help defray the costs associated with short-term travel programs abroad.
- Dix Scholars Admissions Fund
The obstacles for Dix Scholars in taking advantage of study abroad opportunities are often complex. Dix scholars may apply for funding to cover the cost of tuition and/or travel related to a study abroad experience. The program may be either a semester abroad or a Simmons College faculty-led travel course. This fellowship requires an additional faculty recommendation for the application.
- Dolores Amidon D'Angelo '69, '72GS Honors Scholarship Fund
Thanks to the generosity of Dolores Amidon D'Angelo '69, '72GS this scholarship fund was established to provide travel stipends to students who are enrolled in Simmons College's honors program. The grant is available to undergraduate Simmons honors students to help defray the costs associated with study abroad.
- Henry J. Halko and Jane Curtin Halko '45 Travel Abroad Scholarship
Thanks to the generosity of the family and friends of Henry J. Halko, Professor Emeritus of History, and Jane Curtin Halko '45, former director of admission and Simmons College honorary degree recipient in 2000, the Henry J. Halko and Jane Curtin Halko '45 Scholarship has been established at Simmons. The fund was established to honor the Halkos' invaluable contributions to the College and their commitment to international and multicultural exploration. The grant is available to undergraduate Simmons students to help defray the costs associated with study abroad.
- Harriet Elam-Thomas Study Abroad Fund
Thanks to the generosity of the family and friends of the United States Ambassador to Senegal, the Honorable Harriet Elam-Thomas '63, the Harriet Elam-Thomas Study Abroad Fund has been established at Simmons in honor of her lifetime of achievements. The grant is available to undergraduate Simmons students majoring in international relations or political science for study abroad and is awarded based on financial need.
- Judy Samdperil Mann '83 Scholarship Fund
Thanks to the generosity of Judy Samdperil Mann'83, scholarships are available to both undergraduate Juniors or Seniors and MBA students participating in study abroad programs.
- Tobin Family Scholarship
- Thanks to the generosity of Janet Trafton Tobin '67 and her family, these scholarships are designed to support qualified students who plan to participate in a semester-long program in Spain or other Spanish-speaking countries.
- Jane Bergwall Shattuck Scholarship
- Thanks to the generosity of Jane Bergwall Shattuck '48, this scholarship is meant for students who desire enrichment through study abroad.
- School of Social Work Dean's Scholarship
For graduate SSW students participating in an approved international study program.