Check out our video on Next Steps to Making Study Abroad a Reality
1. Check out the approved study abroad programs for Simmons students!
2. Talk with your academic advisor.
- If you want to earn credits and fulfill requirements, start a year ahead (or at least a semester) and work closely with your academic advisor and department to identify the best terms to go abroad, based on your academic plan.
3. Talk with your financial aid advisor
- Take a look at our lists of Financial Aid Steps & Considerations.
- Have you started to budget your income and/or saving money to provide for the program costs and cost of living abroad?
- How does the cost of living abroad compare to the cost of living at home in the US?
- What categories do you need to create in your budget?
- Review foreign exchange rates and currency converter.
4. Go to one Information Session:
*fall information sessions have passed; spring information session dates are to be scheduled*
5. Schedule an appointment with Laura Bey, Director of Study Abroad: email@example.com
6. Choose a program and Apply!
- Fall semester: March 15
- Summer term: March 15
- Spring semester: October 15
- Faculty-led course that travels in spring or summer: October 15
Recommended Programs by Major:
- BSW & MSW
- Nursing in Granada
- Public Health
- Sustainability & Natural Science
- Political Science & International Relations
Petition to Study Abroad:Get your courses approved in advance of studying abroad! Here's the form you need to make it happen.
Check out our Study Abroad Library Guide! Here you will find resources and information to assist you with your search on studying abroad, international internships, or volunteer opportunities.
Need to print this page? Here's a PDF of the Quick Start Guide.