Committee Charge and Activities
The purpose of the committee is to provide advice, guidance, and support to the CET in its mission of promoting excellence in teaching at Simmons. Through their role in this group, committee members will have a voice in the types and topics of professional development opportunities offered by the CET and can share colleagues' ideas and needs for specific types of programming and support.
Committee activities can include:
- Providing input into the ongoing programming development of the CET.
- Helping to promote CET events to colleagues in respective departments/schools.
- Providing input into the selection of guest keynote speakers.
- The opportunity, along with FLC alumni, to review Faculty Learning Community applications and select participants.
- Reviewing applications and selecting participants for other application-based or limited space opportunities offered by the CET.
- Collaborating with the Academic Technology Committee (ATC) and CASTL when appropriate.
Current Advisory Committee Members
- Gary Bailey, Professor of Practice, SSW
- Margaret Costello, Assistant Professor, SNHS
- Daren Graves, Assistant Professor, GSLIS (Education)
- D. Bruce Gray, Associate Professor, CAS (Biology)
- Dana Grossman Leeman, Associate Professor of Practice, SSW
- Arlene Lowenstein, Professor of Practice, SNHS (Health Professions Doctoral Program)
- Michael Pennachio, Senior Director, Technology
- Linda Schuller, SOM Library Liason
- Nanette Veilleux, Associate Professor, GSLIS (Computer Science and Informatics Program)
- Katherine Wisser, Assistant Professor, GSLIS
- Abbie Frost, Academic Technology Committee Representative, Associate Professor, SSW