For emergencies call 617 521 1111
For non-emergencies call 617 521 1112
Did you know…?
In 2010 4,280 pedestrians were killed in traffic crashes in the United States.
There were 70,000 pedestrians injured in traffic crashes in 2010. 35% of the pedestrians killed were legally drunk. 13% of drivers involved were legally drunk.
You can be fined up to $200 for failing to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk.
- Take the time to cross safely. Use pedestrian crosswalks and obey pedestrian Walk/Don't Walk Signals.
- Cross intersections carefully — don't assume vehicles will stop. Take extra care at dusk and dawn.
- Solar Glare, darkness, rain, etc. can make it difficult for drivers to see you.
- STOP for pedestrians!
- Stop for pedestrians in crosswalks.
- Beware of other drivers yielding for pedestrians.
- Beware of solar glare. Don't Drink and Drive-49% of all pedestrian fatalities involve alcohol — either by the driver or the pedestrian.