If you are in an area and the ground begins to shake you should:
- If you are inside, you should stand in a doorway or under a sturdy piece of furniture such as a desk.
- Try to stay away from the windows, hanging objects, or anything that looks like it could fall over or off a wall.
- If you are in a sturdy part of a building stay where you are until the shaking stops.
- Do not use an elevator after the shaking stops, evacuate the building.
- If you are outside when the shaking begins, move away from any trees, poles and buildings.