The Office of Academic Advising & Support (OAAS) serves all undergraduate students who have questions about academic advising at Simmons College. We are primarily responsible for advising students through their first 3 semesters and continue to be a resource to them as upperclassmen.
First year students and first-semester sophomores (beginning with the class of 2017) are assigned to a professional advisor in OAAS based on their intended major or track, as indicated on their application to Simmons. Students who transfer-in with less than 48 credit hours are also assigned to a professional OAAS advisor.
At the end of the student's first semester of their sophomore year, they will be transitioned to a faculty advisor in their intended major(s).
OAAS is also responsible for the following:
- Coordinating the Academic Warning process
- Managing assignment and shifting of faculty advisors
- Registering all incoming students for the Fall & Spring semesters
- Attending and presenting at Admissions events
- Creating student programming around the advising process