Pre-Health 101 Winter Workshop
Wednesday, February 26th @ 3pm
Monday, March 3rd @ 9:30am or 1pm
Palace Road Building P304
This workshop is geared toward first-year, second-year and transfer students who are interested in going on to professional health care programs such as medicine, dentistry, optometry, veterinary and podiatric medicine. Please contact Jaclyn Anderson, if you have any questions. RSVP for one session here.
Student Satisfaction Inventory (SSI) 2014
Undergraduates (including Dix scholars) - please participate in the Student Satisfaction Inventory (SSI). Check your Simmons email for messages from Sarah Neill on 1/21, 1/29, and 2/6 for instructions on how to access your survey. Four respondents will win $25 American Express gift cards.
The Office of Academic Advising & Support is committed to advising Simmons students from a collaborative and holistic approach. This practice is intended to educate and empower students to plan an academic path which will lead to a successful college experience and lay the foundation for lifelong learning.
Goals of Advising
- Educate students about majors, academic disciplines and career fields
- Motivate students to explore their values, interests, skills through targeted course planning
- Promote self-responsibility and self-advocacy
- Prepare students for academic success
- Ensure that students meet all college and departmental requirements
- Provide general guidance and referral services
Values of Advising
- Individualization of services
- Holistic, student-centered approach
As a result of the advising provided by the Office of Academic Advising and support, Simmons students should…
- Know and understand the all-college requirements
- Be aware of the programs of study offered by the college
- Feel comfortable selecting a major by the second semester of their sophomore year
- Understand the requirements of their selected major(s)
- Be empowered to explore co-curricular, study abroad, research and career opportunities associated with their degree program