5 ways to get involved with Simmtober
October marks the true beginning of fall and celebrates many exciting things that we look forward to all year round: hot drinks, New England autumn leaves, and of course Simmtober. Simmtober is a month long event that is quickly becoming a long-standing tradition that celebrates Simmons College’s school pride and general splendor. Below are some easy ways to get involved in Simmtober through social media, philanthropy, Founders Day, various contests, and fun events that are held all throughout the month.
1. Social Media – Social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, and Snapchat are some of the most convenient and exciting forms of communication today and Simmons is taking full advantage. It is now easier than ever to share your love of all things Simmons on each of our five social media platforms through pictures, videos, or the written word. If you don’t already have your finger on the pulse of social media, never fear, we have created a social media toolkit just for you.
2. Participate in contests – There are also many new and exciting contests for you to take part in, one for each day of the week to be exact! Simmons Fund Monday, Trivia Tuesday, and Women Leader Wednesday are a just a few ways you can get involved and collect prizes all month long.
3. Make a Gift – What better way to show your Simmtober pride than through Philanthropy? There are various Simmons Funds you can contribute to this year. These gifts are a great way to support not only Simmons as a prospering institution but the many strong and ambitious students who are at its heart.
4. Founders Day – Perhaps one of the most exciting events celebrated during Simmtober is Founders Day or as it may be more fondly known, John Simmons birthday, on October 30. Each year students and faculty gather together to honor and rejoice in the founding of Simmons and the great man that made it all possible. If you are looking to learn more about John Simmons this month, don’t forget to take a look at John Simmons: The Measure of a Man by Denise Doherty Pappas.
5. Local Events – Apart from Founders Day there are many exciting events that will take place all throughout this Simmtober that are definitely worth your time. For starters, you can join the Alumnae/I Association and Executive Board as they watch our crew team take on the Head of the Charles on October 17. This is sure to be an exciting event complete with a raffle and an opportunity to catch up with old friends.
Simmtober is a great way to show off your school pride and celebrate all things Simmons. With these 5 easy steps you can expand your knowledge of Simmons and keep its foundation alive.