For Faculty & Staff
Find resources to assist faculty with assessment, grant proposals, pedagogy and teaching.
Faculty and staff must present a Simmons College ID to check out materials.
Please contact the Circulation Desk at email@example.com or 617-521-2780 with questions about borrowing, renewing, and returning Library materials.
Booking Media for Classroom Use
If you wish to play audio or visual media from the Library's collection during your class:
- Place the item on 3-hour reserve for your course using the Reserves system.You can only book media items that are on reserve. This ensures that the items will be available when you want to use them.
- Book the item for the day and time of your class using the Library Catalog:
Find the item in the Catalog and click the "Book Item" button above the item's title.
Enter the date and time that you need the item.
Items on 3-hour reserve may not be booked for more than three hours. If you need an item for more than 3 hours, please contact the Circulation Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-521-2780.
Items should be booked in advance (by 4:00 pm on the weekday before your pickup date) to ensure their availability.
- Pick up the item at the Circulation Desk on the day of your request.
Please contact the Circulation Desk at email@example.com or 617-521-2780 with questions about booking media.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
If there are materials that you need for scholarship or teaching that the Library does not own, we may be able to borrow them for you from another library. To place interlibrary loan requests, log in to the ILL system with your username and password.
Go to the ILL website for more information. For questions or problems, please contact the ILL staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-521-2796.
- Renewing: Log in to the ILL system to request a renewal. A renewal must be requested before an item is due. Not all libraries grant renewals.
- Overdue ILLs: Shortly before its due date, you will receive a courtesy notice reminding you that your ILL item is due soon. After 30 days, you may be billed for the item. Please note that lending libraries' replacement fees are often $80 or more.