- The Library and its different floors
Maps and directions are available to get to the Library via car or public transportation. Maps of each Library floor are also available: Level 1, Level 2, Ground Level.
- The Library classroom
Go past the Circulation Desk, up the stairs and turn left.
L225 is the first room on the left. (If you get to the copy machine or the bathrooms you've gone past it.)
- Group study rooms
There are group study rooms, for student use only, located on all three levels of the library:
- Ground Level: L023 - L024
- Level 1 (entry level): L101 - L128
- Level 2: L203 - L208
- The College Archives
Go past the Circulation Desk, up the stairs and turn right. The College Archives will be on your right.
- Alden Trust, Mann, and Crane Meeting Rooms
- Alden Trust: Go past the Circulation Desk and up the stairs. The Alden Trust room will be on your left near the comfortable chairs.
- Mann: Go past the Circulation Desk and up the stairs. The Mann room will be on your left. It is the room closest to the windows.
- Crane: Go to the second floor of Lefavor (one flight of stairs up from outside the Library's main entrance). The Crane Room will be on your right.
- Physical books in the library
The quickest way to locate a book is to find the floor it is located on and its call number from a catalog search.
If you want to browse the library, use these maps to determine where items on certain topics and formats (DVDs, magazines, books, etc.) are located.
- An article that says "not available"
Have you found an interesting article online, clicked on Find Full-Text and been disappointed to see "Article is not available?" You can still get that article!
- First, you can check if it's available at library near Simmons that you could go visit by clicking on "At another local library."
- Second, you can use Interlibrary Loan to request it from another library. This is a quick and easy process that provides you access to resources that Simmons does not own.
- Books in the catalog
Use a keyword, author name or title to search the catalog for books, videos, software, journals, websites, career resources and more.
Click on the item's title for more information, and if we have the physical item, or access to an electronic version, the location and call number or link will be provided.
See the catalog help page for detailed instructions.
- Check-out for books, reserve items, DVDs and more
The Circulation Desk is located in the Information Commons, on the main floor of the library; it is on your left as you enter through the main doors. You will need your Simmons ID to check items out.
- Course reserve materials
Materials that instructors place on reserve are located at the Circulation Desk.
You can also see what's on reserve for your course through the Course Reserves system.