All materials from the Library's circulating collections can be checked out at the Circulation Desk on Level 1. Books and VHS tapes can also be checked out using the self-service Express Checkout station located across from the Circulation Desk.
Loan Periods for Circulating Items
- Simmons Students: 28 days with 3 renewals.
- Faculty, Staff and Doctoral Students: 90 days with 3 renewals.
- Simmons Students, Faculty and Staff: 7 days with 3 renewals.
- Simmons Students, Faculty and Staff: 3 days with 3 renewals.
- Simmons Faculty and Staff: 3 days with 3 renewals.
- Simmons Students, Faculty and Staff can borrow up to two periodicals that are older than one year for 24 hours. Current periodicals are non-circulating.
Museum of Fine Arts Passes
- Simmons Students can visit the MFA for free with their Simmons ID.
- Simmons Faculty and Staff can borrow up to two passes at a time for the MFA for up to 24 hours. These passes are available at the Circulation Desk, and overdue MFA Passes incur a fee of $5/day.
Electronic Books and Other Electronic Resources
Many books are available electronically through the Simmons Library catalog. Simmons Students, Faculty, and Staff can access e-books through the library catalog. Log in using your Simmons email username and password.
Simmons Students, Faculty and Staff can place an Interlibrary Loan request for any materials needed for their academic or college-related work that the Simmons Library does not own.
- The Reference Collection includes a selection of encyclopedias, dictionaries, almanacs, directories, statistical sources, periodical indexes, and subject bibliographies. Books from the Reference Collection are only available for use in the library.
- The College Archives is located on Level 2 of the Library and documents the history of Simmons College and its role in the development of professional education for women. Its collections include official College records and publications, manuscript collections, books, photographs, theses, and other related materials. Archives materials must be used in the Archives Reading Room during its hours of operation, Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. Appointments are encouraged for students and researchers; please email firstname.lastname@example.org.