Electronics Record Management
The College Archives is available to assist administrators, staff, and faculty with the management and organization of their electronic records. The same principles behind the retention and management of paper records—legal, fiscal, evidential, and historical—apply to electronic records as well.
- Electronic records should be maintained in a logical and easily understandable fashion using a folder structure that mirrors the filing of your paper records and aligns with the organization of your administrative unit.
- Electronic records of departmental business should be accessible by all staff department members who may be require to access it. No departmental work should be stored on individual's hard drives or personal cloud computing accounts.
- Electronic records of a temporal nature should be deleted when no longer needed, as should draft or convenience copies of reports when superseded.
- Records of a significant or historical and nature—decision-making correspondence, final drafts of reports, faculty meeting minutes, etc.—should be maintained by departments while actively needed and transferred to the College Archives for permanent storage.
For more information on the storage, management, and preservation of electronic records, please contact the College Archives staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or x2441.
News from the Archives
In honor of "Brave Women, Bold Ideas, Big Change," the Committee of 200's conference being held at Simmons on Tuesday, the College Library has prepared several exhibits celebrating women leaders and entrepreneurs. Just inside the Library's entrance, books about women...
The Convocation ceremony at Simmons College has traditionally served as the official welcoming of students and faculty into the new academic year. Simmons Convocation began as a dedication to the College's founder, John Simmons. In honor of this year's Convocation...
The College Archives invites the Simmons Community to visit a display of selections from the Archives' collection of historical children's books. Books by Lewis Carroll, Louise May Alcott, Beatrix Potter, and others--many dating back to the 1800s--are prominently featured, as...
The College Archives invites the Simmons Community to Think Spring and learn more about some of the College's most fun annual events! The Archives has prepared an exhibit--complete with vintage photographs--on the history of Spring Spree and the Simmons Cup...
- View Complete Library & Archives Hours »
- Please note, after 7:00pm on weekdays and 5:00pm on Saturdays, a current Simmons ID is required for entry to Lefavour Hall. A current Simmons ID is required to access the building at any time on Sundays.