Juliet Funt is the founder and owner of WhiteSpace® at Work, a training and consulting firm that helps organizations, their leaders, and employees flip the norms of business to reclaim their creativity, productivity, and engagement. A nationally recognized expert in coping with the Age of Overload, she has developed a method for personal process improvement based on the concept of WhiteSpace--carving out time from overscheduled, multitasking work routines for the freeform, flexible thinking that is so vital to energized, focused, and successful performance. With her unique blend of charisma, humor, and tough love, she demonstrates to audiences how this practice can change the negative patterns and behaviors preventing organizations from achieving optimum results. Funt has brought her thought-provoking content and immediately applicable tools toa number of Fortune 100 corporations, as well as to companies in industries ranging from financial services to technology, from manufacturing to the military.
Juliet Funt took a moment to speak with us about women she admires and jumping the curve in her career.
- What woman do you most admire? What has she taught you?
- I would say it's one of the three women we studies apes under Louise Leakey: Jane Goodall, Diane Fosse, and Birute Galdikas. I am an absolute nut for the great apes. Their stories amaze me as I could never have the patience to spend the years they spent - but I would dream about experiencing the payoff that they did.
- Was there a turning point in your career when you "jumped the curve," breaking an old pattern to change the course of your career? What did you learn from that experience?
- Yes. When I dropped all of my other speaking topics and focused on WhiteSpace. I learned it's good to go deep.
- People would be surprised to know that I...
- Speak a little Swahili.