Professional connections are interactive sessions where the audience explores the theme of "Love Letters" across theory and practice. Sessions are offered twice each day, once in the morning and once in the afternoon. Each day, a participant may attend two different professional connections.
Friday July 26, 2013
- Deborah Freedman, author/illustrator of the summer release The Story of Fish and Snail (Viking) and the 2011 title Blue Chicken (Viking).
- Laura Vaccaro Seeger, author/illustrator of Green and the summer release Bully (both Neal Porter Books/Roaring Brook) in discussion with
- Neal Porter, editorial director of Neal Porter Books, an imprint of Roaring Brook Press.
- David Hyde Costello, Institute brochure artist and author/illustrator of Little Pig Joins the Band (Charlesbridge).
- Alexandra Kennedy, Executive Director, The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art, Amherst.
Saturday July 27, 2013
- Susan Bloom, Associate Professor Emeritus and former Director of the Center for the Study of Children's Literature, Simmons College.
- Elaine Dimopoulos, instructor at Grub Street, 2010-11 Children's Writer-in-Residence at the Boston Public Library, and 2009 Emerging Artist Award from St. Botolph Club.
- Susan Rich, editor-at-large, Little Brown and Company
- Anita Silvey, creator of Children's Book-a-Day Almanac (childrensbookalmanac.com and Roaring Brook) and author of The Plant Hunters (Farrar).