Library & Information Science Archives (MS)/History (MA) Dual Degree
- The core courses in library and information science
- Six courses in archives management (18 credit hours), including four core courses in archives (LIS 438, LIS 440, LIS 442, and LIS 456), one preservation course (either LIS 439 or LIS 448), and a capstone internship LIS 502.
- Two elective courses (6 credit hours) from either archives/preservation or the general LIS curriculum
24 credit hours in the CAS history department:
- 4 credit hours in Historical Methods and Research (HIST 597)
- 16 credit hours of history courses at the 400 level or above
- 4 credit hours of final thesis
Please note: All dual-degree students must take Archives, History, and Collective Memory or Sites of History. Students may take these classes as either an LIS elective for three credits (LIS 443 or LIS 532I) or a history elective for four credits (HIST 527 or HIST 568).
Graduate History Courses
Please see the Online Course Catalog for more information.