Common acronyms/phrases you may hear on Advising Day (and throughout your Simmons career)
- Beatley: The Beatley Library
- College Center: The area with tables and chairs surrounding Common Grounds Café , in the Main College Building. Enter the College Center directly from the quad side of the Main College Building.
- The Fens: The Fens dining common is in the lower level of the Main College Building.
- GSLIS: Graduate School of Library and Information Science.
- GSLIS West: The satellite location of the GSLIS program, located at Mount Holyoke College.
- Common Grounds Café : The coffee shop on the first floor of the Main College Building. Enter the College Center directly from the quad side of the Main College Building.
- Lefavour Hall: Room numbers preceded by the letter "L" stand for Lefavour, the building in which the library is situated.
- LISSA: Library and Information Science Student Association
- MCB: Main College Building; any room number preceded by a letter E (East wing), W (West wing), or C (Center) is located in this building.
- One Palace Road: Where GSLIS faculty and administrative offices, the student lounge, and the Tech/Cataloging Labs are located; any room number preceded by the letter "P" is located in this building.