Associate Professor of Economics, East Asian Studies and MPP
Niloufer Sohrabji, Associate Professor of Economics, specializes in financial instability issues in emerging markets and developing countries due to globalization. Professor Sohrabji is a graduate in Economics from St. Xavier's College, Bombay, India and received her Ph.D. in Economics from Boston College.
Professor Sohrabji has published various articles on exchange rate misalignment and current account sustainability in India. She has also published several co-authored articles on trade, current account and exchange rate issues related to Turkey and countries in sub-Saharan Africa. Professor Sohrabji's work has been published in Empirical Economics, Panoeconomicus, Indian Journal of Economics and Business, African Finance Journal among others.
Professor Sohrabji teaches international economics courses including Comparative Economies of East Asia, International Trade and International Monetary Systems. In addition, she teaches Econometrics, where students learn empirical tools used in economic research and apply them in their independently designed research projects.
Professor Sohrabji is a member of the International Relations, East Asian Studies and Honors programs. She has served on Curriculum Committee and is currently a member of the Adminstrative Board, Assessment Committee and Honorary Degrees Committee.
Professor Sohrabji enjoys reading and is a sudoku addict!
View Full Curriculum Vitae
Ph.D. in Economics
B.A. in Economics
St. Xavier's College
- Dagdeviren, Ogus Binatli and Sohrabji, Misalignment Under Different Exchange Rate Regimes: The Case of Turkey, International Economics No. 130 (2012)
- Ogus Binatli and Sohrabji, Intertemporal Solvency of Turkey's Current Account, Panoeconomicus, 1 (2012)
- Ogus Binatli and Sohrabji, Elasticities of Turkish Trade, in Koveos, (Ed.) Financial Crises, Impact and Responses: The View from the Emerging World, ATINER Publishing (2012)
- Sissoko and Sohrabji, Current Account Sustainability of ECOWAS Countries, African Finance Journal, Volume 14, Part 2 (2012)
- Sohrabji, Capital Inflows and Real Exchange Rate Misalignment: The Indian Experience, Indian Journal of Economics and Business, Volume 10, Issue 4, (2011)
- Sohrabji, Impact of Exchange Rates on Consumer Prices in India: Comparing Different Trade Liberalization and Monetary Policy Regimes, Middle East Finance and Economics, Issue 12 (2011)
- Sissoko and Sohrabji, Current Account Sustainability in African Economic Communities: Are There Regional Differences, China-USA Business Review, Volume 9, No. 10 (2010)
- Ogu0 Binatli and Sohrabji, How Would a Change in the Value of the Turkish Lira Affect Turkey's Trade and Current Account?, in Subasat, T. (Ed.) Turkey's Current Account Problem in the Context of the Global Crisis (translated into Turkish). Published by Eflatun (2010)
- Sohrabji, India's Current Account Sustainability, Journal of Asia Business Studies, Volume 4, Issue 2 (2010)
- Ogu0 Binatli and Sohrabji, Analyzing The Present Sustainability of Turkey's Current Account Position, The Journal of International Trade and Diplomacy 2 (2), Winter 2008
- Ogu0 Binatli and Sohrabji, On the Optimality and Sustainability of Turkey's Current Account, Empirical Economics (2008)