Federal Entrance Counseling
All recipients of Stafford Loans are required by federal regulations to complete an entrance interview. You must complete the interview before Simmons College will credit loan funds to your account. This online entrance interview will provide you with information concerning your student loan, including your rights and responsibilities as a borrower, interest rates and other loan details, and who to contact if you have questions. Use your Federal Student Aid PIN to sign-in to the website below to complete your interview. Here are instructions:
1. Sign into the Direct Loan website using your PIN.
2. Choose "Complete Entrance Counseling," you will do this on two screens.
3. Indicate your student type (graduate or undergraduate).
4. Complete and submit the Entrance Counselins. This will take approximately 30 minutes.
Note: Sign Your Master Promissory Note
Recipients are also required to sign a Master Promissory Note (MPN) prior to the Stafford Loan being disbursed each semester. Failure to sign the promissory note will result in cancellation of the loan.
How to Sign Your Federal Loan Promissory Note
Once you've been awarded a loan, go to studentloans.gov and click the link to complete a new Master Promisory Note (MPN). Then, follow the instructions and prompts on each page until you are given the message "SUCCESS! Now Print Your MPN."
To sign the Master Promissory Note, you will need several pieces of information:
- The borrower's PIN (a PIN can be obtained, or a duplicate requested, at www.pin.ed.gov)
- The borrower's driver's license number
- The names, completed addresses, and phone numbers for two references living at two separate addresses. One should be a family member.
Federal Exit Counseling
If you received Stafford Loan funds as part of your financial aid award while enrolled at Simmons College, federal regulations require that you complete an exit interview when you graduate, withdraw or cease to be enrolled on at least a half-time basis. This online exit interview will provide you with information concerning your student loan, including your rights and responsibilities as a borrower, interest rates and other loan details, and who to contact if you have questions. Here are instructions:
1. Go to the Direct Loan website.
2. Click on the link for "Exit Counseling" under Tools and Resources.
3. You will come to the website for NSLDS. Pick the option for "Exit Counseling."
4. Start the process for the exit counseling by reading directions and hitting "NEXT" through the next two screens.
5. You will need to sign in using your PIN number (the same one used for completing your FAFSA).
6. If you do not know or remember your PIN number, you can find out the PIN number at http://www.pin.ed.gov.
Your Financial Aid Counselor
The first letter of your last name determines your Financial Aid Counselor.
2014-2015 Financial Aid Forms
Find more forms on our Forms & Publications page »
Net Price Calculator
Use our Net Price Calculator to find out how affordable your Simmons Education really is.
Have questions about Form 1098T, billing, or financial aid? We have answers to these and other common questions »
See our help section, where you'll find contact info for our entire department, FAQs, links and other useful information.
Hours of Operation (Fall/Spring)
- Mon—Tue: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Wed—Thu: 8:30 AM - 6:00PM
- Fri: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Mon—Fri: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Patriot's Day (April 21)
- Memorial Day (May 26)