2014-2015 Medical Insurance Rates
(Fall 2014, Spring 2015, Summer 2015)
|Enrollee Type||Full Year||Spring Enrollee||Summer Enrollee|
|Date Range of Coverage||8/15/14 - 8/14/15||1/1/15 - 8/14/15||5/10/15 - 8/14/15|
About the Medical Insurance Requirement
Massachusetts state law mandates that all students taking 9 credits or more must have medical insurance. All eligible students will be automatically included in the Simmons College insurance plan through University Health Plans, Inc. Information about plan coverage and benefits is available on the University Health Plans website. PLEASE NOTE: Simmons College does NOT offer medical insurance coverage to students participating in online programs, students enrolled in less than 9 credits OR the dependent(s) of any Simmons College student.
If you are not eligible for coverage through Simmons College, please visit the Health Connector. The Health Connector can help you compare plans, get information and choose the plan that's right for you. Got to MAhealthconnector.org or call 1-877 MA ENROLL (1-877-623-6765).
Insurance Waiver OR Enrollment
Students who have comparable coverage may opt out of the plan by completing a waiver form. This form is available on the University Health Plans website. You will need your Social Security Number and insurance information to complete the waiver. International students may not waive the medical insurance requirement. Only insurance companies within the United States will be accepted as substitutes for the College's Plan.
Students that choose to accept the medical insurance through Simmons College must enroll online. This form is available on the University Health Plans website. Enrolling in coverage will expedite the process of receiving your membership card and will not result in a duplicate charge.
Insurance Waiver & Enrollment Deadlines
- Fall 2014 Semester: September 17, 2014
- Spring 2015 Semester: February 4, 2015
Full-time students who do not submit a waiver by the stated deadline will automatically be enrolled and billed for the required Massachusetts medical insurance without the possibility of a waiver, refund or cancellation.
Insurance Waiver/Enrollment Instructions
- Go to www.universityhealthplans.com/
- Click on 'Simmons College' in the main menu.
- In the menu to the left under the heading Student Health Plan, select either "Undergraduate Waiver & Enrollment Forms" or "Graduate Waiver & Enrollment Forms".
- Fill in all required information as indicated on the form.
- Submit the waiver or enrollment form. Wait for confirmation that the waiver or enrollment has been successfully submitted. We advise you to print out the confirmation page for your records.
If you receive an error message, double-check to verify that you have completed all required fields correctly, and then resubmit. If it still is not accepted, email University Health Plans at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you may call University Health Plans at (800) 437-6448 or (617) 472-5324.
Please contact us at email@example.com or 617-521-2001. More information can be found in our help section. This includes detailed contact information, FAQs, and links to other important sites and dates.
Hours of Operation (Fall/Spring)
- Mon—Tue: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Wed—Thu: 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Fri: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Cashier's Window (Fall/Spring)
- Mon—Fri: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Hours of Operation (Summer)
- Mon—Fri: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Cashier's Window (Summer)
- Monday and Friday: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Tuesday and Thursday: 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Wednesday: Closed
- Labor Day (September 1)
- Columbus Day (October 13)
- Veteran's Day (November 11)
- Thanksgiving Holiday (November 26-28)
- Winter Break (December 24 - January 4)