OK, so you've had a few weeks to settle into classes and mid-terms will be coming along in a little bit. Juniors and seniors, it's not too early to begin thinking about next steps regarding that job or internship. And first-years and sophomores, you may have majors and career exploration on your mind.
Well, the CEC has you covered with an array of fall recruitment and career exploration events. Here are some highlights of what's upcoming in October:
- 10/3 (Wed) - Northeastern Career Fair, 2-4 pm, Cabot Cage - over 200 employers are expected to attend the biggest career fair in our area each year. As always, Simmons students are invited to attend, from 2 pm till the fair closes at 4 pm.
- 10/3 (Wed) - AT&T Info Session, 6:30 pm, M-202 - the same day (tomorrow!) representatives from AT&T will be on campus to present to students about their rotational Business Sales Leadership Development Program (BSLDP). Great for graduating seniors or interested juniors who want to learn more.
- 10/9 (Wed) - Peace Corps Day on campus: Fens Info Table, 11-1; Campus Center Drop-in Hours, 2-3: Info Session, 3-4:30 pm, M-106 - if the Federal Government shutdown prevents this visit from happening look for a reschedule later in the fall or spring.
- 10/17 (Thu) - BU Fall Career Fair, 10:30-3:30, George Sherman Student Union - all Simmons students are invited to attend BU's fall career fair, with 75-100 employers expected across all industries.
- 10/23 (Wed) - SOM Career EXPO, 1-5 pm, Paresky - for undergrad and grad students in the SOM, and SOM alums. Come meet with a range of firms via open networking and one-on-one meetings. Professional dress required.
- 10/30 (Wed) - CCCOB Communications & Marketing Careers Information Exchange, 5:30-7:30 pm, Paresky - this six-school event (BC, BU, Emerson, Emmanuel, Simmons, and Suffolk) will be here on the Simmons campus for the first time! Every 20 min. attendees move to a new round table to learn about opportunities in advertising, PR, broadcasting, publishing, and more. Open to all majors.
So mark your calendars, get your resume and elevator pitch together, and come join us at one or more of these great events. For more detail on each of the above (including a list of employers attending the Northeastern fair) and a full list of fall career events, go to the CEC Events calendar. As always, should you have any questions contact the CEC at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-521-2488.
See you there!