Welcome to Residence Life at Simmons! The Office of Residence Life manages all Simmons housing, room selection, and arranges many on-campus events. This page lists the latest news and announcements, and you can learn more about Campus Housing, Communities, and Move-in for New Students throughout this section.
Sunday, March 2 at 11:59 pm - Deadline to Register for Spring Break Housing
Saturday, March 8 at noon - Residence Halls close for Spring Break
Monday, March 10 at 11:59 pm - Deadline to apply for Summer RA positions
Wednesday, March 12 - Deadline to Request Special Accommodations for Fall 2014
Sunday, March 16 at 8:30 am - Residence Halls re-open
Friday, March 28 at 11:59pm - Deadline to Withdraw from Fall Housing
Spring Break Housing
Spring Break for the residence community is Saturday, March 8, 2014 at noon through Sunday, March 16, 2014 at 8:30am. Resident students (undergraduate, graduate, and Dix Scholars) may remain on campus for the duration of Spring Break as long as you complete the Spring Break Housing form for the Office of Residence Life by 11:59pm on Sunday, March 2, 2014. No overnight guests that have not been pre-approved will be allowed during the Spring Break; all guests must leave campus by 11:00pm.
We ask you to sign up for Spring Break Housing for your safety. It is important to know the exact number of people that will be on campus during the break and where they will be located, so that we can make sure there is enough staff here to support those students who remain. Also, in cases of a fire alarm or an emergency, it is essential that we are aware of your presence on campus. If you are planning on staying over break, or if you are not sure but may be staying over some or all of break, please register with us to insure your safety. If you are planning to return early to campus on Friday or Saturday, you must still sign up for Spring Break housing.
Summer Resident AdvisorAre you a current or aspiring student leader? Want to live in Boston over the summer? Love Residence Life and working with people? Apply to be a Summer RA!
Applications are due online by midnight on Monday, March 10th Selected applicants will be interviewed between Monday, March 17th and Friday, March 21st. All applicants will be notified of the decision on Wednesday, March 26th.
Withdrawal from Housing
Withdrawal 2014-2015If you are interested in withdrawing from Simmons Housing you must complete this form. If you withdraw from housing prior to the advertised deadlines, your housing deposit refund will be mailed to the address you have on file with AARC 6-8 weeks after the end of the semester. Please make sure it is up to date. If you withdraw after the deadline, your housing deposit will be forfeited.The deadline to withdraw from Fall 2014 housing is March 28, at 11:59pm
Withdrawal Spring 2014
Please note that the withdrawal deadline of Friday, November 15 at 11:59 pm has now passed. All withdrawal requests received going forward will forfeit their housing deposit; as well, there will be a delay in approval, and the likelihood that approval will occur is reduced.
All upper-class students requesting to withdraw from housing must fill out the housing withdrawal request form located on our website. First-year students requesting to withdraw from housing for the spring semester must fill out the housing exemption request form located on our website.
Specific Information regarding Withdrawal from Housing
Students going on Study Abroad, Domestic Exchange, or Transferring
- You must fill out the housing withdrawal request form to inform the Office of Residence Life of your intentions. If you will not be notified of your acceptance into a program or school until after the November 15 deadline, please still fill out the form; if you are accepted, a copy of your dated acceptance letter must be given to the Office of Residence Life. This form is required in order to receive a refund or place your deposit on hold.
Taking a Leave of Absence, Withdrawing, or Graduating from Simmons
- You must fill out the housing withdrawal request form to inform the Office of Residence Life of your intentions. Only then will you have your housing deposit placed on hold, or to be eligible to receive a refund on the deposit when you return to Simmons. If you are graduating in December, you must also fill out the withdrawal form by the November 15 deadline in order to receive a refund on your $250 deposit.
Other Reasons for Withdrawal
- You must fill out the housing withdrawal request form to inform the Office of Residence Life of your intentions. Additionally, you are required to write a detailed written statement outlining the reason why you are requesting to leave campus next semester. Please include a description of what has changed between the fall semester and spring semester that is causing you to request to withdraw from housing. Please note that your request does not automatically guarantee removal from the College Housing License Agreement for the spring semester. Your request will be reviewed by the Simmons College withdrawal committee and a response will be sent to you via email.
Are you finding what you need?
- For information about any services that are offered at the residence campus (mailroom, work requests, microfridge rental), see Residence Campus Services.
- Students with any questions, concerns, ideas, or recommendations are strongly encouraged to contact the Office of Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org, 617-521-1096, or stop by our office on the 2nd floor of the Health Center.
Monday - Friday: 8:30am - 4:30pm