Welcome to Residence Life at Simmons!The Office of Residence Life manages all Simmons housing, room selection, and arranges many on-campus events. This page lists the latest news and announcements, and you can learn more about Campus Housing, Communities, and Move-in for New Students throughout this section.
Spring 2015 Students
First Years, Transfers, and Grads entering in Spring 2015:
Welcome! We can't wait for you to join us on campus. We anticipate there being availability in housing for both graduate and undergraduate students this spring. We are accepting housing applications are on a rolling basis, however, the sooner you submit your application and deposit the more likely we can place you.
Steps to being placed in housing for the spring:
- If you are an incoming first year or transfer student, please contact Undergraduate Admissions about submitting your deposit.
- For graduate students please submit your deposit on the Housing Deposit page or at the cashier window on the academic campus, Main Campus Building W-207.
Deadlines:November 14, 2014: Last day to submit special housing accommodation paperwork to the Disability Services Office for the Spring 2015 Semester.
- Want to see more of the Residence Campus and your new home? Browse through our Residence Hall description and pictures to get a feel for the campus!
- Did you apply for a theme community? See highlights from during the year on the Theme Community page.
- If you want to learn more about Simmons Campus Life, feel free to join the Campus Life Facebook page
Important Dates (for current student residents)
|November 11, 2014
||Veteran's Day (College Closed)
|November 14, 2014||Final day to register for Thanksgiving Break Housing (free)|
|November 14, 2014
||Last day for students to request Withdrawal from housing for the Spring
|November 26, 2014||Residence Halls close for Thanksgiving Break at noon|
|November 30, 2014||Residence Halls re-open at 8:30 a.m.
|December 1, 2014||Final day to request approval for Winter Break Housing (with fees)|
|December 17, 2014
||Date by which all residence charges for the Spring 2015 Semester must be prepaid
|December 18, 2014||Residence Halls close for Winter Break at noon|
|January 16, 2015
||Residence Halls open for spring semester
8:30 a.m. for new residents
|January 16, 2015
||Last day to indicate residency before forfeiture of License Agreement for
Spring 2015 Semester
January 18, 2015
|Residence Halls open for spring semester
10:00 a.m. for returning residents
|January 19, 2015
||Martin Luther King Jr. Day (College Closed)|
|March 6, 2015
|March 27, 2015||Last day for current resident students to submit in writing to the Office of
Residence Life their request to withdraw from housing for the Fall 2015 Semester
If you are interested in withdrawing from Simmons Housing you must complete the withdrawal form. If you withdraw from housing prior to November 14, 2014, your housing deposit refund will be mailed to the address you have on file with AARC 6-8 weeks after the end of the semester. Please make sure your address is up to date. If you withdraw after November 14, your housing deposit will be forfeited. The deadline to withdraw from Spring 2015 housing on the 14th is at 11:59pm.
All students who are withdrawing for reasons other than transfer, leave of absence, study abroad or graduation will be reviewed by the Housing Withdrawal Committee. Withdrawal approval is not automatic.
Questions? Please contact Amelia McConnell, Assistant Director of Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you finding what you need?
- For information about any services that are offered at the residence campus (mailroom, work requests, microfridge rental), see Residence Campus Services.
- Students with any questions, concerns, ideas, or recommendations are strongly encouraged to contact the Office of Residence Life at email@example.com, 617-521-1096, or stop by our office on the 2nd floor of the Health Center.
Monday - Friday: 8:30am - 4:30pm