Know the Process
All current resident students enrolled at Simmons College have the opportunity to participate in a room selection process to pick a room 2013-2014.
In order to participate in the selection, you will need to have a $250 housing deposit on file in Student Financial Services. This deposit should already be on file if you currently live on campus; however it is used to pay for charges associated with lost, stolen or unreturned key, or damage to your room. If this deposit falls below $250, repayment of the difference will be necessary to participate in the room selection. Students returning from study abroad of a leave of absence (LOA) most likely have a deposit on file, however students that withdrew to live off-campus will probably need to submit a new deposit. Please contact SFS at 617-521-2009 or 617-521- 2010 if you are unsure of your deposit amount.
The class statuses for room selection are:
Status 1 87 or more credits Rising Seniors
Status 2 57-86 credits Rising Juniors
Status 3 27-56 credits Rising Sophomores
Status 4 26 or fewer credits 2nd Semester 1st years
Status 5 All levels Graduate/Dix Scholars
Please note: Residents that are seeking to live in Theme Communities or Special Interest Housing Selection will attend housing selection on Wednesday, April 10th from 6:00pm — 7:00pm.
It is important to remember that statuses correspond to your Selection night. Status are based solely on credits and not on whether you are graduating or how many years you have been at Simmons or GPA. Transfer Credits are included; however, AP credits are not. Your credits/status will reflect current classes taken spring 2013. Once a student has been placed in a status level, all numbers within that status are assigned at random. Students who fill out the undergraduate housing application by March 27th and students who moved into an expanded occupancy triple will be given priority lottery numbers.
Updates of open rooms will be posted online after each room selection night. For example, all available rooms left after rising senior room selection on April 10th will be posted online on April 11th. Students who indicated in AARC that they would be graduating in May 2013, but will be returning for the Fall 2013 semester will not receive a lottery card through the mail. If this applies to you, please come to the Office of Residence Life to select a lottery half-number.
Room Selection Timeline
- Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 11:59pm — Deadline for requesting an special accommodation for 2013-2014 year
- Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 11:59pm — Deadline to submit application in order to receive a priority lottery number for 2013-2014 Housing Selection
- Friday, March 29, 2013 at 11:59pm — Deadline for requesting withdrawal from housing for 2013-2014 year
- Monday, April 8, 2013 at 11:59pm — Deadline to submit application in order to participate in Special Interest and Theme Community Selection Night
- Thursday, March 21, 2013 — MCB*C105, 3:30-4:30pm
- Tuesday, March 26, 2013 — Simmons Hall Lounge, 6:00-7:00pm
Information & Floor Plan Tabling*
- Wednesday, March 20, 2013 — Bartol Hall, 5:30-7:30pm
- Thursday, March 21, 2013 — Bartol Hall, 5:30-7:30pm
- **Monday, March 25, 2013 — Bartol Hall, 5:30-7:30pm
- Tuesday, March 26, 2013 — Bartol Hall, 5:30-7:30pm
- **Monday, April 1, 2013 — Bartol Hall, 5:30-7:30pm
- Tuesday, April 2, 2013 — Bartol Hall, 5:30-7:30pm
- Wednesday, April 3, 2013 — Bartol Hall, 5:30-7:30pm
- Thursday, April 4, 2013 — Bartol Hall, 5:30-7:30pm
- **Monday, April 8, 2013 — Bartol Hall, 5:30-7:30pm
- Tuesday, April 9, 2013 — Bartol Hall, 5:30-7:30pm
*In lieu of open houses, we will be making virtual room tours available online
**On Mondays (March 25, April 1, April 8), the Theme Communities will have special activities at the information table; an RA from one of those communities will be present to answer questions!
Pair & Suite Fair
- Wednesday, April 3, 2013 — Arnold Hall Lounge, 7:00-8:00pm Designed for rising juniors and seniors to find a roommate/suitemates
- Wednesday, April 3, 2013 — Simmons Hall Lounge, 8:30-9:30pm Designed for rising sophomores to find a roommate
- Wednesday, April 10, 2013 — Alumnae Hall, 5:30-8:00pm
Special Interest & Theme Community 6:00-7:00pm
Rising Seniors 7:00-8:00pm
- Thursday, April 11, 2013 — Alumnae Hall, 6:00-8:00pm
Rising sophomores/2nd semester first-years 7:30-8:30 pm