Event Planning Checklists for Student Organizations
Great planning is essential to having a safe and successful event. These checklists was developed to assist you through the planning process. Not all items on this checklist may be needed for every event. Please use the attached documents to assist you in planning your event.
Depending on the type of event you are hosting and the venue you will need, the reservation source will change. Conferences has a variety of spaces for programs and events- including a spacious conference center, intimate meeting rooms, lecture halls, and multimedia electronic classrooms available for reservations. A Request Form must be completed in order to accommodate your needs through Conferences & Special Events. The Office of Student Leadership and Activities will need to approve your reservation for your event prior to is confirmation.
Please visit the Initial Planning link to review additional information about working with Conferences and Special Events or click the Room Reservations link to request your space via R-25.
Reservation Tip: It is best to reserve your space under the organizations email address and not your personal one, so that all information about your organization is under one account.
If you are looking to use the Sports Center for your event, you will need to use the Online Reservations form to request use of space. If you have any additional questions such as the capabilities of the space, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For Undergraduate Students:
- OSLA for recognized Student Organization events
- Professor/Advisor for study groups and class related events
- Scott/Ross Representative for all Scott/Ross events
Simmons Representative will Reply All to this email with your approval or denial of this reservation. This reservation will not be confirmed until a reply is received.
If you do not receive an email confirming or denying your event within 48 hours, please contact your representative directly.
- Signage advertising your meeting/event can be posted on bulletin boards and easels
- Signage is not permitted on walls, windows, or doors
- Signage may be put up two weeks prior to your event and MUST be removed within 24 hours of the conclusion of the event
- If signage is not taken down within 24 hours, it will be removed and recycled
- Only 4 signs total are allowed in each lobby space to maintain clear pathways
- Easels may be requested through Conferences
Technology provides multimedia capabilities for course-related content capture needs. We can advise on effective uses of video capture for instructor or student produced content. We can also provide some video production and post-production services for course-related content. For special events, we have external partners that can provide videography and post production services for a fee, depending on your requirements.
Students can borrow equipment from our circulating collection of audio, video, photography, and computer-related equipment to complete academic requirements or for personal use.
To borrow equipment, visit Technology Desk located in Lefavour 308.
If you would like President Drinan to attend your event, an executive board member of your organization must fill out the Event Sheet for the president and submit it to the Director of Student Leadership and Activities no later than 2 weeks before (10 business days) prior to the event.You must work directly with our office as soon as possible to ensure it can be place on President Drinan's calendar.
All Student Organizations should use their Organization Login when ordering food from catering. This allows for Catering to easily bill your Student Organization Budget Number. It also allows for there to be a record of past purchases.
- If you do not know your login, please visit the Office of Student Leadership and Activities to receive that information.
- If you do not have time to receive your login, minimally state the Organization you are ordering for to ensure the you budget is billed properly.
Aramark Dining Services provides catering service for campus events ranging in size from small informal meetings to campus wide events. The catering manager is available to work with your office and help plan a superior event.
Work Order Request
The Facilities Service Center processes work order requests for Buildings & Grounds, which is responsible for building maintenance, housekeeping, furniture moves, landscaping, shipping and receiving, and snow removal.
If you are looking to have products such as the popcorn machine, cotton candy machine or any other heavy are large quantities of an item, you can place a work order to have UNICCO pickup and deliver your items with the Academic or Residential Campuses.
The Facilities Service Center is staffed Monday-Saturday 8:30am-4:30pm and can be reached at 617-521-1000 (x1000) or by emailing email@example.com.
Additional information and tips can be found here: I Never Saw That Flyer
Student Organization Visitor Parking Request
Please review this information below prior to submitting your request.
- You can only request parking on the Academic Campus.
- On your request, please indicate whether you are requesting free parking vouchers (typically for parents/alumnae that come to large events, or for performers or speakers where parking is part of their agreement) or discounted parking vouchers (for vendors or businesses with whom you are working or other circumstances). In some cases and at its discretion, OSLA may determine that a request for free parking vouchers should be instead covered by discounted parking vouchers.
- The Office of Student Leadership and Activities will submit the request on your behalf to the parking office. When we have received confirmation of your parking approval, we will notify you and set aside parking passes for your organization to pick up from the Office of Student Leadership and Activities.
- Please note that parking vouchers are only intended to be used for the date and timeframe for which they were requested. Tickets will expire once the timeframe of your request has expired and guests will be responsible for paying the $50 no-ticket fee if using an expired ticket.
- Please allow 2 week for small orders (visitors, performers) and 3 weeks for large orders (events where you are inviting parents, alumnae, etc.)
- This is ONLY to be used to request parking for official organization business, and not for personal use.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the information outlines from above.
Depending on the venue and the type of event your are hosting, Public Safety maybe required to be present at your event. Public Safety Department provides police and security services to the Simmons College community. The department operates around the clock, every day of the year.
When hosting an event which requires Public Safety, i.e. a dance or party, please allow a minimum of 10 business days to meet with Public Safety in advance about your event.
Selling Tickets in Box Office
Looking to place tickets or a product on sale in OSLA? Fill out the form below and return it to W-002, the Office of Student Leadership and Activities.
Advantages of having your tickets on-sale through OSLA includes:
- The office does NOT charge a fee to place your tickets on sale
- Place your tickets on-sale online
- Collected money gets directly deposited in your budget
Location: W-002 (Office of Student Leadership and Activities)