WHAT WE'VE ACCOMPLISHED
Over the years, BAFAS has worked to enhance the quality of work life at Simmons for administrators, faculty, staff, and students who are black or of African descent. Our accomplishments have included:
- Working to expand the Africana Studies Department.
- Coordinating/supporting campus-wide planning and programming for Black History Month and Kwanzaa.
- Collaborating with student organizations to bring scholars, visual artists, and performers to campus.
- Supporting the Office of Multicultural Affairs by presenting a special gift to each graduating student during the annual black graduate ceremony, "A Sparkling Affair."
- Providing donations to support the African American Alumnae/i Association reunions and the student chapter of the National Association of Black Social Workers (NABSW) at Simmons College School of Social Work.