Applicants are expected to submit a completed application file that includes the following:
- A completed online application or paper application form
- Current résumé
- Statement of purpose that addresses the following: Describe your philosophy of teaching and learning and your reasons for pursuing this degree and specialty.
- Two letters of recommendation
- One of the following test scores: GRE, MAT, or MTEL (an MTEL, or Massachusetts Test for Educator Licensure, is preferred. If you have questions about which MTEL to take, please contact Graduate Studies Admission at 617-521-2915.)
- Official college transcripts from every college or university attended. Must include degree conferral.
- TOEFL scores, if English is not the applicant's first language
- Non-refundable application fee of $35 (payable to Simmons College)
- An interview is not required, but if you would like to learn more about the program or set up an interview, please contact Graduate Studies Admission at 617-521-2915
NOTE - The Simmons College Master of Arts in Teaching Dual General and Special Education Licensure program is approved by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary & Secondary Education (DESE) to lead to both a general education initial license and a moderate disabilities add-on license in Massachusetts.
Graduate Studies Admission Office has a rolling admission policy. Apply early for maximum consideration for admission and financial aid. To meet priority application deadlines, completed application files should be submitted by the following dates:
- Summer: May 1
- Fall: August 1
- Spring: December 15
Admission may be deferred for up to two semesters, after which applicants must reapply.
Non-Degree Enrollment Option
If you are unsure about enrolling in a graduate program, or just want to advance your educational experience, non-degree study at Simmons is the best option for you. As a non-degree student, you may enroll in up to two graduate-level courses (eight credits) before formally applying to a degree program. Find out more about our non-degree option.
For More Information
Please contact the Office of Graduate Studies Admission at 617-521-2915 or email@example.com if you have questions about the application process, a specific program, or the College. We're happy to schedule visits and campus tours.