Admission requires a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and a strong undergraduate record. The applicant for admission must submit official transcripts of all undergraduate coursework, a statement of purpose, a critical writing sample, and two academic recommendations. An interview is optional. Students are admitted to this program for the fall, spring, and summer semesters.
- A completed online application or paper application form
- Current résumé
- Statement of purpose that addresses the following: Describe your professional and intellectual goals and the relationship of this degree program to these goals.
- Two letters of recommendation
- An analytical writing sample, preferably an essay written for a college course
- Official college transcripts from every college or university attended. Must include degree conferral.
- TOEFL scores, if English is not the applicant's first language
- Non-refundable application fee of $35 (payable to Simmons College)
Graduate Studies Admission Office has a rolling admission policy. Apply early for maximum consideration for admission and financial aid. To meet priority application deadlines, completed application files should be submitted by the following dates:
- Summer: May 1
- Fall: August 1
- Spring: December 15
Admission may be deferred for up to two semesters, after which applicants must reapply.
Non-Degree Enrollment Option
If you are unsure about enrolling in a graduate program, or just want to advance your educational experience, non-degree study at Simmons is the best option for you. As a non-degree student, you may enroll in up to two graduate-level courses (eight credits) before formally applying to a degree program. Find out more about our non-degree option.
For More Information
Please contact the Office of Graduate Studies Admission at 617-521-2915 or email@example.com if you have questions about the application process, a specific program, or the College. We're happy to schedule visits and campus tours.