Applicants are expected to submit a completed application file that includes the following:
- A completed application form. Be sure to review your completed form carefully and provide your electronic signature.
- Statement of purpose
- Current resume
- An analytical writing sample (if you do not have an appropriate sample available, please e-mail admissions at email@example.com for an alternative essay prompt)
- Two letters of recommendation (preferably both from academic sources)
- Official transcript(s) of all undergraduate and graduate-level courses taken, including official transcripts from all study-abroad programs.
- Official GRE scores
- A non-refundable application fee of $35 (payable to Simmons College)
When mailing materials to our office, please be sure to use the exact mailing address below:
Graduate Studies Admission
300 The Fenway
Boston, MA 02115-5898
Graduate Studies Admission Office has a rolling admission policy. Apply early for maximum consideration for admission and financial aid. To meet priority application deadlines, completed application files should be submitted by the following dates:
- Summer: May 1
- Fall: August 1
- Spring: December 15
Admission may be deferred for up to two semesters, after which applicants must reapply.
Non-Degree Enrollment Option
If you are unsure about enrolling in a graduate program, or just want to advance your educational experience, non-degree study at Simmons is the best option for you. As a non-degree student, you may enroll in up to two graduate-level courses (eight credits) before formally applying to a degree program. Find out more about our non-degree option.
For More Information
Please contact the Office of Graduate Studies Admission at 617-521-2915 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about the application process, a specific program, or the College. We're happy to schedule visits and campus tours.