Ready to start your own business? First you have to know how.
Independent and passionate, our students learn to make their dreams realities as they study the advanced theories behind growing a successful business. You'll apply your extensive skills to real-life situations — like how to build a persuasive business plan and obtain financial capital — and achieve your enterprising goals.
The entrepreneurship minor or specialization complements any management major. Our students go on to start their own businesses and thrive in independent start-ups.
- Program Requirements
Minor in Entrepreneurship
Consists of five courses.
- MGMT 137 Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- MGMT 237 Let's Start a Business
- MGMT 238 Financial Aspects of Business
- MGMT 250 Marketing
- One elective
NOTE: BSBA Majors must take MGMT 260 Finance instead of MGMT 238.
Students select one elective from the list below or a course in another department in consultation with the Enterpreneurship Program Director.
- MGMT 224 Socially Minded Leadership
- MGMT 230 Why We Buy
- MGMT 231 Creating Brand Value
- MGMT 232 A Introduction to Advertising
- MGMT 232 B National Student Advertising Competition
- MGMT 233 Developing Customer Relationships
- MGMT 236 Retail Management
- Internships and Research
- Our students take advantage of internships at a variety of companies in Boston and beyond. You'll sharpen your skills and refine your interests while building your resume and develop important mentoring relationships.
All faculty »
- Angela Chang
- Associate Professor, School of Management
- Phone: 617-521-3868
- Office: M427
- How to Apply
- So you know that Simmons is a great place to be, you've learned about our programs, maybe even come for a visit...now you're ready to apply! Let's get started.