Careers in Behavior Analysis
Career Services for Behavior Analysis Students
We take our commitment to students seriously, honoring the Simmons promise to put you first. The Career Education Center (CEC) helps graduate students assess your skills and interests and explore your professional options and provides a full range of services to assist you in doing so.
Among these services, the CEC provides tailored career coaching to help you launch your career. Your career coach will help you clarify your career goals and help with developing the skills and strategies to attain them upon graduation from your CAS program. In preparation for your job search, we will assist you with analyzing, articulating and packaging your academic and work experience to effectively market yourself to employers. In addition, you will receive support in planning and implementing your job search strategy to make informed, effective decisions for your next step as well as future career transitions.
You can make an appointment with a career coach for a one-on-one meeting (see "Contact Us" below).
Career Programs and Events
In addition to individual career coaching and the other services outlined above, the CEC provides both on- and off-campus recruiting events and career fairs during the academic year. In addition, the CEC offers skill-building workshops on a range of career development topics such as "Getting Started on LinkedIn," "Professional Networking 2.0," and many more. Check out the CEC Events Calendar for the latest workshops and recruiting events.
CAS Career Resources
CEC Career Toolkit
- CEC Career Toolkit - visit the Career Toolkit for in-depth information across all the developmental career steps, including self-assessment, career exploration, resumes and cover letters, networking, interviewing, and managing your job search
- Alumnet - register for the Simmons online alumnae/i network
- LinkedIn - create your own account on the leading site for professional networking. Once registered you can join the Simmons LinkedIn Group
Resumes and Cover Letters
From CEC Guides and How-To's:
Job Search and Postings
- CareerLink - Simmons' online job board, with approximately 1,000 active listings and 50 new listings each week
Our Students Go On To:
- Boston Public Schools
- The May Center - Randolph, MA
- Maynard Public Schools - Maynard, MA
- Nashoba Learning Group - Bedford, MA
- RCS - Natick, MA
- Simmons College
- Tufts University
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst