Ever since Simmons opened the first school of social work in the United States in 1904, we have been pioneers in the field. Today, students, faculty, and alumni are as devoted as ever to empowering society's most vulnerable members, promoting social justice, and protecting the health and well-being of individuals, families, and communities.
To prepare for another century of service and leadership in the field of social work, SSW is focused on further strengthening our innovative programs, and making sure our extraordinary faculty has the resources needed to excel in teaching, research, and professional practice. Simmons is determined to do more to help put our distinctive programs within the reach of the women and men who want to launch or enhance their social work careers.
Your support helps fund these strategic priorities:
- Create more scholarships and financial aid
- Expand experiential learning opportunities
- Invest in the academic experience
- Name and endow programs, special initiatives, and centers of excellence
- Name spaces in our buildings