Mentoring and Networking for Success
June 14, 2017
No one who makes it does it on her own. The most effective employees are those who know how to seek and gain the assistance that they need. That means the ability to build and maintain effective mentoring and networking relationships is critical to your success. But effective mentoring and networking relationships don’t just happen—there are skills and strategies for successfully creating and leveraging powerful relationships.
Join us and you will:
- Learn the characteristics of mentoring and networking relationships, and how are they different from other developmental relationships
- Gain insight into challenges and opportunities inherent in mentoring and networking, particularly across dimensions of difference/diversity
- Explore suggested actions to enhance mentoring and networking relationships
- Be introduced to a process to cultivate mentoring relationships
- Analyze your network to identify developmental gaps
- Create an action plan to address those gaps through enhanced mentoring and network support
- Receive a checklist of best practices to enable/support effective mentoring and network relationships
Program Faculty: Dr. Stacy Blake-Beard
Program Fee: $750
Simmons alumnae are eligible for a 15% discount. Group and non-profit discounts are also available, contact email@example.com for details.
All cancellation requests must be received in writing. Cancellations received more than 14 days before the start of the program will receive a 100% refund. Cancellations received between 8 and 13 days prior to the program start will receive a 50% refund. There is no refund for cancellations made within 7 days of the start of the program.
This session is part of the Women's Leadership Certificate Program at the Simmons School of Management, Boston MA