Strategic Leadership for Women
Dates: September 25 - September 29, 2017
Gain the knowledge and skills you need to become an influential leader in your organization. Join our internationally recognized faculty for a transformative experience where you will master key leadership competencies, including understanding and using power, team building and communication styles--with an emphasis on how gender dynamics impact organizational behavior and workplace culture. Our innovative combination of case study analysis, personal coaching, group problem-solving and action planning helps you learn how gender affects the ways you take on leadership roles and how to strategically make your contributions visible and valued.
Who Should Attend
- Professionals in middle- to senior-level positions who are looking to take on enhanced leadership responsibility within their departments and organizations
- Women from all functional areas and industries.
How You Will Benefit
As a participant, you will:
- Gain perspective on your leadership style and identify ways to strengthen your practices via a 360° leadership assessment tool
- Analyze real case studies that highlight women protagonists and apply new skills to reinforce learning
- Understand how strategic mentoring and networking can impact your career and the careers of others in your organization
- Receive personal coaching on specific leadership issues, challenges, and career aspirations
- Share best practices for integrating work and personal life
- Develop career strategies, including an action plan that allows you to create the conditions for your own success
- Network with senior-level women executives from a variety of industries
- Participate in role playing and active problem solving that will help ensure you will be able to immediately apply your learning when you return to your organization
Respondents strongly agreed that SLW was a valuable experience-- they learned new skills that they can apply on their job, and that they would recommend the program to a colleague. Here are some of their comments:
"I loved the program and got way more than I anticipated out of it. I really enjoyed the modules and getting to know this fabulous group of women."
"All the instructors and teachers were great. (...) This experience has broadened my mind and I am now very much aware of my strength and weakness. So many takeaways and it will make a real difference in my future career!! Thank you."
"Overall, your program was fantastic! I will be telling my manager and others to send more to enjoy this experience and gain valuable knowledge!!"
Program fee is $4,600 and includes:
- Classroom instruction
- Most meals
Partial scholarships are available for women leaders in the non-profit sector. For more information, please email the Executive Education office at email@example.com.
Simmons alumnae are eligible for a 15% discount. Simmons grants 3.1 continuing education credits (CEUs) for the Strategic Leadership for Women program.
The program is held at the Simmons School of Management, Boston, MA
Bring This Program to You!Simmons can also deliver this program directly to your organization, at the location of your choice. For more information, contact Elisa van Dam at 617-521-3869 or firstname.lastname@example.org. See also information on our custom programs.
All cancellation requests must be received in writing. Cancellations received more than 30 days before the start of the program will receive a 100% refund. Cancellations received between 21 and 30 days prior to the program start receive a 50% refund. There is no refund for cancellations made within 20 days of the start of the program.
This is a highly interactive program that uses a variety of methodologies, including:
- 360° leadership assessment tool to receive and analyze feedback
- Personal executive coaching on specific leadership issues, challenges, and career aspirations
- "Live" cases and other exercises that allow you to interact with the material and put your skills into practice
- Group problem solving and experience sharing
- Formal instruction based on our extensive research into what makes women leaders successful
- Structured personal reflection
- Best practices for strengthening your network combined with the opportunity to network with other women leaders
- Action planning to create a roadmap for success
- Laying the Foundation
- Exploring Leadership Potential
- Peer Coaching
- Reception and Dinner
- Communication Strategies
- Women and Vision
- Executive Coaching
- Offsite Dinner and Leadership Team Conversations
- Building Your Strategic Network
- Gender and Leadership
- Leadership Support Teams
- Free Night
- Leading High Performing Teams
- Understanding and Using Power
- Celebration Dinner
- Strategic Path to Leadership
- Program Close