For current Simmons undergraduate students looking to take courses at other Colleges of the Fenway institutions:
1. Search the COF Online Course Directory and choose the courses you would like to take. Students are allowed to take two courses at other COF institutions per semester after their first semester at Simmons. Exceptions for this policy may be granted by the Simmons COF liaison, Sharon Roberts (firstname.lastname@example.org). Ensure you have taken equivalencies of the pre-requisites needed for the course you want to register for, as defined by the school you will be taking the course at.
2. Fill out the Cross Registration Form specifically for Simmons students.
- If the course fulfills a major or minor requirement, please have the head of that department sign off on the form as well.
- If the course fulfills a mode or key content area, please make a note of this on the form. Mode/KCA equivalents must be approved by the Simmons Office of the Registrar.
3. Bring the form to the Simmons Registrar's Office (Room C-116) for signature approval.
4. Take the form with all required Simmons College signatures to the Office of the Registrar for the COF school where you will be taking the course. If there is space in the course and you meet the prerequisites, they will register you for the course and sign your form. They will also provide you with a Student ID number and information on how to access your email and online learning account information.
5. Obtain a photocopy of the completed form for your records. A copy will be scanned to the Simmons Registrar's Office to complete your COF Registration at both schools. You will not need to return a copy of the form to the Simmons College Registrar's Office.
6. When grades at the COF school are submitted, they will be sent to the Simmons Registrar's Office and added to your student record. Grades will appear on AARC as soon as they are received and processed by the Registrar's Office.
Graduate students may not cross-register for courses at COF schools.
For students at Colleges of the Fenway institutions wishing to take courses at Simmons College:
1. Search the Online Course Directory and choose the Simmons College courses you would like to take. You may take up to two cross-registered courses per term, subject to any other policies at your home institution. Only courses listed on the COF course directory are open to cross-registration.
2. Fill out the Cross Registration form, which is specific to your institution and available through your Registrar's Office. Be sure to include all required signatures on the form, including your school's Registrar's Office.
3. Bring the form to the Simmons Registrar's Office, located in the Main College Building, C-116. We will determine if you are eligible for registration based on space available and any required pre-requisites. If a course is full, a student is missing the pre-requisite equivalents, or the course is not listed as open to COF students, the Registrar's Office will be unable to register a COF student without additional consent in writing from the course instructor. The instructor may sign your cross-registration form or email the Registrar's Office to provide consent. When registered, you will be assigned a Simmons ID number and are encouraged to obtain a Simmons ID card through the Campus Card Office.
4. Once registration is complete, you will receive a copy of your registration form for your records, which includes your Simmons ID number. We will scan a copy to your Registrar's Office. You will also receive a handout with important dates and instructions about setting up your Simmons account access.
5. 24 hours after you have been registered, you may activate your Simmons account using the instructions below to access your Simmons email address, online learning account, and AARC to view your schedule, classroom location, and required books. Please contact Simmons Technology for any difficulties with your account setup.
6. Once Simmons grades have been posted, the Simmons College Office of the Registrar will send the grades to your home institution to be added to your record.
Account Setup for First Time Users
1. 24 hours after visiting the Registrar's Office, go to https://preferences.simmons.edu/accountsetup.
2. Be sure to click "next" after entering your personal information in order to set up a password.
3. If you cannot access your account after waiting 24 hours from registration, please call Technology at 617-521-2222 or email email@example.com.
Simmons Online Portal
In order to access your class information and the online learning site, you will need to log into the portal page at https://connection.simmons.edu using the username and password, which was setup through http://preferences.simmons.edu/accountsetup.
Once logged into the portal, you can access AARC, eLearning, Email, and Moodle. If you have trouble logging in, try using your Student ID number as a password. If you still are unable to log in, please contact Technology at 617-521-2222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
AARC [http://connection.simmons.edu]: Used to view books needed for the semester; class schedules; contact information for professors; final grades; time and classroom where your class is held; and unofficial transcripts.
Email: Every COF student is assigned a Simmons Email account, which the college and professors will use to contact the student. It can be accessed through the Simmons Online Portal at http://connection.simmons.edu or by going to http://gmail.simmons.edu. Be sure to check your Simmons email frequently for any communications sent to you by your professor or by the institution. Instructions for setting up email forwarding are also available.
Moodle [http://moodle.simmons.edu]: Used to view course assignments; grades for individual assignments; information posted by the professor; course readings and syllabi; and to turn in assignments. Use the username and password which was set up through preferences.simmons.edu to log in.
Simmons Student ID and Library Services
Student IDs can be obtained in the Campus Card Office free of charge. Please bring a photo ID other than your home institution ID and your Simmons Student ID number, otherwise they will not be able to issue you your Simmons ID. With your Simmons ID, you can do the following:
- Access the Academic Campus after business hours;
- Access electronic course reserves;
- Access your Library account online and renew items and place holds;
- Access the Library building during finals period;
- Borrow laptops from the Technology Desk; and
- Request interlibrary loans
Current course offerings at all COF institutions can be viewed here. Please note that some courses have prerequisites that must be fulfilled before a student is eligible to register for that course. These prerequisites will be noted on the COF website.
Note: Students follow the Academic Calendar of the host institution for all cross-registered courses.
Questions about courses should be directed to the Registrar's Office of the host institution:
Administration Building, Room 340
Mass College of Art and Design
621 Huntington Ave, Tower Building, 8th Floor
Mass College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
179 Longwood Ave
300 The Fenway, Main College Building, C116
Wentworth Institute of Technology
550 Huntington Ave, Williston Hall
200 The Riverway