Simmons now offers single stream recycling in all recycling bins on both the academic and residence campus.

How do I recycle?
Main Campus
  • Simply dispose of paper, cans and bottles in any recycling bin on campus including: blue desk side recycling bin, hallway recycling bin, or any bin located in a dining area. Please rinse any soiled containers before discarding them.
  • Batteries can be recycled at Buildings & Grounds, located on the basement level of the Main Campus Building, E008.
  • All printer and copier toner cartridges should be recycled through WB Mason.
Replacement desk side recycling bins may be requested by contacting the Facilities Service Center

  • Online via SchoolDude
  • Phone: 617-521-1000 (x1000)
  • Email:
Residence Campus
  • Recycling bins are located on every floor of each residence hall. Single stream recycling allows paper, cans and bottles to be disposed of in the same bin.
  • Batteries and Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs (CFLs) can be recycled at Residence Life, located on the 2nd floor of the Health Center.
  • All printer and copier toner cartridges should be recycled through WB Mason.
The Following Items Cannot Be Recycled
  • Overhead Transparencies
  • Copy Paper Ream Wrappers
  • Peel & Stick Labels
  • Blue Prints
  • Styrofoam
  • Floppy Disks
  • Candy Wrappers
  • Carbon Paper
  • 3-Ring Binders
  • Pizza Boxes
  • Soiled paper or food containers
How Do I Recycle Special Items (i.e., Electronics, Microfiche, Hardback Books, Metal, and Furniture)?
Work order requests may be submitted to the Facilities Service Center in the following ways:

Additional Information
For more information about recycling, sustainability or Simmons' efforts to create a green campus, please visit