Leading by Example
Though our faculty are distinguished scholars, practitioners, and experts in many areas they share a common goal. Each one is dedicated to inspiring and empowering our students to become leaders in their chosen fields.
- 10:1 student-faculty ratio ensures that every student gets personal attention
- Average class size: 18
- 215 full-time faculty members, 70% of whom are women
- Nearly 90% of liberal arts faculty have doctorates in their fields or terminal degrees
- Faculty have received research awards from funders such as the Ford Foundation, Freeman Foundation, the National Science Foundation, and United States Institute of Peace
- Approximately 200 part-time faculty (most are clinical faculty with full-time jobs in schools, hospitals, businesses, etc.)
- Internationally recognized faculty, including the faculty at the School of Library and Information Science who work to educate librarians in Kosovo, Iraq, and Vietnam; and College of Arts and Sciences and School of Nursing and Health Sciences faculty, who build health clinics in Latin America.