The Tutoring Center is in Beatley Library.
We provide individual tutoring, and in some cases small group tutoring, in math, chemistry, biology, nutrition, nursing, economics, accounting, Spanish, Italian, Chinese and more! We are located in Beatley Library L 021.
If you are new to the Tutoring Center, you can register by using the link below to get to the online schedule. Once at the schedule, use the Click Here to Register link. Upon registration, you can log in and find your specific course by clicking on the "Limit to" drop-down box. That will give you access to the tutors who can help you. Students are allowed 2 hours of tutoring per week.
If you are having trouble registering, please visit our Resources for Students page for some helpful handouts.
Schedule an Appointment
Questions? Email Terry Griffin at email@example.com or call 617-521-2458.
The mission of the Tutoring Center is to assist students in becoming independent and successful learners.
To accomplish this mission Simmons provides course content tutors in many disciplines (e.g., math, biology, chemistry, art history, modern languages) as well as specialists in study skills and time management.
Students/Tutees will be able to...
- prioritize which aspects of their work they want to strengthen
- use strategies and resources to develop skills
- apply with confidence what they have learned
- plan next steps
Peer Tutors will be able to...
- diagnose tutees' understanding and skills
- negotiate with tutees how best to support them
- provide guidance and resources
- apply interpersonal and technical skills as well as flexibility to meet the needs of tutees
Each semester, faculty recommend students who have successfully completed their courses to act as peer tutors. Tutors are available by appointment. Tutors:
- review assignments
- help students plan long and short-term goals
- assist students in becoming independent learners
- help students develop methods and strategies to solving problems rather than simply giving answers to questions
Study Skills & Time Management
Tutors are available by appointment to assist students with study strategies, tips for reading comprehension, exam preparation, as well as time management.
Make your own appointment online (see instructions above). If you have questions, call 617-521-2458.
Study groups are led by peer tutors who have been recommended by professors in the disciplines. The groups typically meet twice a week throughout the semester. Students work together to organize the week's notes, practice using concepts and formulas, prepare for quizzes and exams while learning how to develop good study habits.