Off-Site and Online Students
The Writing Center
For off-site and online students, the Writing Center offers phone conversations with tutors (recommended) or feedback via email.
For phone conversations, please follow the directions below.
For feedback via email, please follow the directions on our Online Tutoring page.
Our tutors can help you with:
- Brainstorming assignments
- Organizing and clarifying ideas
- Researching databases
- Citing sources
- Addressing grammar and punctuation errors
* Please note: We are NOT a proofreading or editing service.
How to schedule a phone conversation:
- Register with WC Online (found on Writing Center website main page).
- Use the drop-down box to make an hour appointment. Please be aware that the system defaults to a 30-minute appointment.
- In the box "What would you like to work on today?" write:
- Phone session & your phone number
- The focus of the session
- After you click Save Appointment, the "Success!" box will pop up. Click to attach a file.
- IMPORTANT! Use the drop down menu to select the day, time and tutor of the appointment you made and attach the file.
- You can also attach a file to an appointment by clicking on the yellow folder under "Welcome" on the schedule.
- Your tutor will read your paper and call you 5-10 minutes past the hour of your appointment.
- Please have your paper in front of you for the phone session.
- Call the Writing Center with questions (617-521-2479).
Special policies for phone conversations:
- Your paper can be no longer than 10 pages.
- Your paper must be in .doc or .docx format.
- You may schedule two phone sessions per week.