Credit for Prior Learning
Credit for Prior Learning (CPL): Option for Dix Scholars
- CPL is awarded for college-level learning gained through work or life experience.
- Dix Scholars may earn up to 24 CPLs.
- CPLs are included in the 80 credits that Dix Scholars may transfer in.
- CPLs do not fulfill mode requirements.
- CPLs may fulfill entry-level courses in the major.
If you are a Dix Scholar, take advantage of CPL by enrolling in the 2-credit seminar IDS 227 (fall or spring).
Once enrolled in IDS 227, you
- identify prior learning that is college level
- write a critical reflection on your learning
- assemble a portfolio with supporting materials
- submit the portfolio to faculty for review
Portfolios typically include:
- a reflection on learning (learning narrative)
- evidence to document learning (work samples, certificates, letters of reference, etc.)
- a resume
- the CPL evaluation form
Once CPLs are awarded,
- credits are added to your transcript
- a $500 evaluation fee is charged
- Talk to your advisor
- Contact Terry Müller, CPL director
(617) 521 2471